500 Sightings and Counting….Posted on Oct 16,2016
It is with great excitement that I am able to tell you that on the 14th October we hit 500 sightings, today we are on 506 which is AMAZING! Thank you for your hard work as together 80 of us has captured 26 species out 33. We are getting on average 4 sightings a day from you all, across Namibia.
Please tell all your friends, colleagues, and clients about our website so more people download the App. and join our national citizen project.
Brand new features to our App.
- Personal species sighting list inside your App.
- An interactive map showing everyone’s sightings across Namibia for each species
Very exciting sightings for Carnivore Tracker are
- Spotted neck otters in the Cubango River, Bwabwata National Park, outside Bagani
- A host of black mongoose at the Brandenburg Mountain
- Free-roaming African wild dogs in Rundu
My favourite Notes on what the carnivores were doing at the time of reporting
- Lion – At waterhole stalking mountain zebra
- Leopard – Well spotted on top of the termite just before sunset
- Wild dog – Animals were feeding on a Kudu bull carcass in Bwabwata National Park close to the main road of Trans Caprivi highway today
- Bat-eared fox – Seen the animal when out in the conservancy
We are encouraged by the latest sightings in Sesriem and the surrounding area as we need more sightings in the south of the country, so keep reporting.
Don’t forget to visit our facebook page, post your photos, videos of the carnivores you have seen and share your stories. We would love to hear from everyone on their different experiences with all of Namibia’s carnivores.
Spot it, Report it!